Overview | In the News | Patch History | FAQ's | Blog | Atman Home
About io - The Plot
The Nautilus-114, a rather expensive interstellar research spacecraft now lies marooned in the orbit of Jupiter's moon, io. The status of the crew is unknown.
Now, 5 months later, a recon unit (Norton and Ned) of the Federation One’s IAR team has arrived to study the causes behind the mysterious events and at all costs bring the craft back home. Once aboard they realize that the atmosphere is hostile and that failure is not an option.
In io your mission is to bring the Nautilus-114 spaceship back home. However, the task isn’t easy thanks to the many robotic minions that now inhabit the ship. In order to accomplish your mission, you have to play evasively (hide in the dark, walk don’t run), avoid detection and carry out your objectives. You are also accompanied by your robotic friend and constant help, Ned. Together, you will take enemies down, gather data pertaining to the destruction of the ships human crew and bring the ship back home (or will you?)
- io does NOT have a save feature.
- Player moves: Io is a side-scroller game, however you can also move the player in and out of the screen, to hide in dark nooks, pick up secret items, etc.
- Point and shoot mechanism: Point and click on the screen with the mouse, and Norton will orient himself to look or shoot at the pointed spot.
- Equipment: Radar to spot enemies, night and thermal vision cameras, cloak to go invisible, weapon addons, etc
- Weapons: Machine gun, Rail gun, Grenade launcher, Rocket launcher, Displacer and a Flamethrower.
- Bots: 9 different bot types to play with.
- Gameplay Duration: If you are one of those super-smart-gaming-ninja types, you could probably finish it under an hour, else never! :)
io is a short game much in the spirit of old classics such as John Romero’s Dangerous Dave.